Oh My Gravy!

This is a p.s. to the turkey rub recipe.

-1 cup chicken broth
-1 cup (or so) dripping from the turkey pan
*make this low fat by refrigerating the liquid and skimming the fat off the top.
-1 tsp thyme
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-1 bay leaf
-1/2 cup flour (less or more thicken as you like)
*If you are seeking gluten free like me, use Sorghum Flour- it's pretty cheap
per pound too :)

Heat all ingredients on the stove almost boiling. Stir in flour with a whisk until desired consistency. Mine had a gritty texture until I let it simmer for a few minutes- word to the wise.

One of my wonderful second grader students persuaded me during Writer's Workshop one day that "Oh my gravy!" would be an appropriate exclamation for one of our stories.

Gotta love those kids, and gravy.

Comments

Popular Posts