Lazy Cookies

It's time for a quick post on the easiest, treat-for-the-husband cookies that I know of. Yes they are gluten free, but I make them mostly because it's 3 ingredients.
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter
Mix these ingredients with a wooden spoon. How your day has gone will determine how fancy you get from this point on. If you are really tired, scoop spoonfuls of dough onto a pan and bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Try these variations if you are feeling a little adventurous:
  • Add 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • Roll spoonfuls of dough into balls and roll in sugar
  • Press spoonfuls of dough with a fork for that "peanut butter cookie" look (circa 1933 edition of Pillsbury's Balanced Recipes by Mary Ellis Ames)
Kenny often has subtle ways of asking for cookies. For example:
Kenny : "I smell cookies. Did you make some?"
Me: "No."
Kenny: "Oh, I thought you did"
or
Me: "Did you ask Rick about using his truck tomorrow?"
Kenny: "No, but could you make cookies?"
or my favorite
Kenny: kiss, kiss, kiss "Could you make me some cookies?" kiss, kiss, kiss

Enjoy your lazy, I mean gluten-free, cookies.

Comments

Popular Posts