Summer in Idaho

Well we are on season 4 of Boy Meets World. I'm wrapped up in the escapades of Cory, Shawn, Topanga, and Eric. Right now, Cory and Topanga's love is tried somehow every episode and Eric is almost into college. Shawn is my favorite though. He's just a mess but he always turns out alright. Wow, my summer is really full of exciting things! (Lace of sarcasm please...)

Actually it has been really good. Camp was the highlight for sure. We got to see lots of kids get saved and now we are trying to get them discipled. I had some great girls in my cabins both weeks (high school and junior high). I did see the chiropractor after those two weeks and am trying to get all lined up now.

There's some ok coffee places here, but I haven't found anything just right. Which is surprising because we're closer to Seattle and Portland, which I would consider coffee meccas. Springfield had at least 3 places you could count of for a great cup- shout out to The Hub, Coffee Ethic, and Hebrews! The closest thing here is Flying M, but I haven't tried them all yet. Just give me some time though. I have found some fellow coffee lovers to meet up with. Friendships on the horizon...

Our kitchen is the latest project to make things pretty in the house. We are redoing everything pretty much- the church bought new appliances before we moved in and have provided materials for the rest as long as Kenny (and his handy-man-in-training, Matt) do the work. Paint, counters, backsplash, floor, and new hardware are going to make our tiny little space rock. I'll be sure to post pictures. The last thing for a while is to fix some holes in the bathroom wall. I'm not sure how badly you have to measure to get the holes like we have, but hopefully they'll be fixed soon.

The baby is growing and moving a lot. She's shy because every time I put Kenny's hand on my belly when she's moving, she stops. Thebump.com says she's the size of an eggplant right now! Saturday starts the third trimester! I can't believe it. We are in search of a doula, which is a birth coach. We got the lead on some girls who have gone through training and are needing certification, so they will attend my birth for free or very low cost. Which is awesome! We are interviewing some starting next week! I'm reading all I can, trying to stretch and do yoga, doing some prenatal swimming aerobics at the Y, and dealing with heartburn. It's been a good pregnancy!

I haven't found a teaching position for this year, so I have been turning in sub applications at a lot of schools. Maybe I'll get a call still! But if not, that's ok. God knows our needs and He will meet them! I'm always on the lookout for a good fiction read to fill my time, so if you have a favorite, let me know! Kenny and I's anniversary is next Wednesday. 7 years! Also, we met 10 years ago! Can you believe it? He's the best husband! We are going to the Melting Pot and checking out some live music downtown Boise puts on Wednesday nights in the summer. So everything here is feeling like home and fits well for us. I still miss friends and family in Missouri, so everyone hurry up and come here to visit! I love you all :)

Comments

sisbroyles said…
Thanks for the update.It sounds like you are feeling more and more at home. I am proud of your positive attitude and investigative mothering adventures. I can't believe it has been 10 years since Kenny came into our family! I can't wait to see pictures of your kitchen, baby room and belly!

Popular Posts