A Pickle Prayer

A Prayer for “Pickling” in the truth of who you are and what you are worth:


Dearest God, holy and victorious Trinity, you alone are worthy of all my worship, my heart’s devotion, all my praise, all my trust, and all the glory of my life. I love you, I worship you, I give myself over to you in my heart’s search for life. You alone are Life, and you have become my life. I renounce all other gods, every idol, and I give to you the place in my heart and in my life that you truly deserve. This is all about you, God, and not about me; you are the Hero of this story, and I belong to you. I ask your forgiveness for my every sin. I renounce my sins. I ask you to search me and know me and reveal to me where you are working in my life and grant to me the grace of your healing, deliverance, your holiness, and a deep and true repentance. I come to you now to be restored in you, renewed in you, to receive from you all the grace and mercy I so desperately need this day. I honor you as my Sovereign, and I surrender every aspect and dimension of my life totally and completely to you. I give to you my spirit, soul, and body, my heart, mind, and will.


Father, You are the great I AM.  You are God the Father from whom are all things and for whom I exist. All of creation came from your mind and heart.  You are full of mercy, grace, and unfailing love. I was made in your image, inwardly and outwardly. You are my Father, and you have declared me your child. You know everything about me.  You are familiar with all my ways. Not even a hair drops on my head that you don't know about. I consider you and call you Abba, Daddy, my Papa. You are a father who gives good gifts, perfectly designed for me.  Rather than being distant and angry, you are the complete expression of love. You will never forget me. I am your treasured possession. You are my greatest encourager. You lavish me with love and delight. You lavish me with grace.  You love me with an everlasting love. You rejoice over me with singing. You are sometimes speechless in your love for me, Father. You dance over me with shouts of pure joy. You will NEVER, EVER leave me or forsake me, period. You demonstrated your love for me by giving your only begotten Son.  Even if I lose my faith (active trust) in you, you will never lose faith (active trust) in me. You delight in me, even as you delight in your Son, Jesus. I am invaluable to you; worth the death of your Holy Son. Make your love my abiding and comfortable home. When I was at my worst, you strategically chose that very moment to demonstrate your delight in me.  Nothing can separate me from your love.


Jesus, You are God the Son.  You are the Alpha and Omega, who is and who was, and who is to come.  You are the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father. You have always existed with the Father and Holy Spirit.  You, Jesus, are the exact expression of God the Father’s character and personality. You are the very expression of truth in the flesh.  You are the sum of God’s redemptive plan, works, and business methods. You are the revelation of God’s mysterious plan for mankind. You became flesh, walked, ate, drank, slept, laughed, cried, listened, rejoiced, and suffered just like me.  You are the first born of the Trinity. You are not religious, loading people down with heavy religious expectations. You are easy going, relaxed, and refreshing to me. You are not pushy with people. You are humble at heart. You are extremely patient.  In you is found an abundance of grace, active trust, and love. You are God’s visible expression of His love and acceptance. I consider myself right now seated between God the Father and You in Heaven. I am the ongoing, beautiful poem that You are personally writing.  Your love for me is deeper and more vast than I could ever imagine. You want to give me life abundantly and cause my cup to overflow. You willingly gave your life for ME, with no feeling of obligation whatsoever. You gave your life as payment for my adoption into my new Heavenly Family.  Your love for me far surpasses any previous experience I’ve had of love. You desire your love for me to be the foundation of all my thoughts and activities. Let your steadfast love for me be my new obsession, controlling my thoughts and emotions. I know nothing will ever separate me from your love.


Holy Spirit, Thank you for coming.  You have clothed me with power from on high, sealed me Christ, become my union with the Father and Son.  You are the Spirit of truth in me, the life of God in me. My counselor, my comforter, strength and guide.  I honor you as Lord. Love flavors every action and thought you have. You bless me with freedom from unhealthy compulsions.  You give unmerited gifts constantly. You are so gentle, never pushing me around. You help me release and not relive past relational hurts.  You show me what peace and trust really is. You help me feel the affection from the Father. You bring contentment and inner peace, and are deeply moved by suffering in my life.  You constantly reassure me of God’s presence, love, and care for me. You teach me rich, healthy, pleasurable emotions. You reveal all truth and the hope of a greater future, when all things will be made new, to strengthen and stabilize me.  You understand my emotional weather, and motivate me with love, not shame or fear. You do not keep score, you look out for me. You value my uniqueness. I am no longer alone, You help me feel and know that I am embraced by my new Family forever.
In Jesus’ name, amen.



------------------------------------------------------------
x

Adapted from UTK “Immerse Yourself…” scripture sheets and the Daily prayer from Ransomed Heart Ministries.


One thought in Untying the Knots of your heart is pickling. Untying the Knots of your Heart is a 22 week small group experience to dig into who you are- really, and who God is- really.  Just as a cucumber doesn't become a pickle by being dipped into vinegar a few times, so we do not become whole-hearted until we soak and soak and soak in the truths of God's word. I offer this prayer in a first person form from the scriptures gathered from material printed by Aphesis Group, which is the ministry that puts together the curriculum for this class.  New classes are starting in January.  I would love to tell you more about this experience.


Comments

Popular Posts